German toy manufacturer Playmobil will be launching a James Bond tie-in product this year to coincide with the release of the 25th film 'No Time To Die'; Playmobil 70578 James Bond Aston Martin DB5 - Goldfinger Edition. The James Bond series focuses on a fictional British Secret Service agent created in 1953 by writer Ian Fleming, who featured him in twelve novels and two short-story collections. Since Fleming's death in 1964, eight other authors have written authorised Bond novels or novelisations: Kingsley Amis, Christopher Wood, John Gardner, Raymond Benson, Sebastian Faulks, Jeffery Deaver, William Boyd and Anthony Horowitz. The latest novel is Forever and a Day by Anthony Horowitz, published in May 2018. Additionally Charlie Higson wrote a series on a young James Bond, and Kate Westbrook wrote three novels based on the diaries of a recurring series character, Moneypenny.
Usually, new products would be announced at the Spielwarenmesse toy show in Nuremberg, but due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the industry event was held online this year.
The officially licenced Playmobil Aston Martin DB5 will be based on the car from 'Goldfinger' and will feature authentic gadgets including the passenger ejector seat and revolving number plates. The car will come with four themed Playmobil characters: James Bond, Goldfinger, Oddjob, and Henchman.
- With the film characters: James Bond, Goldfinger, Oddjob and another henchman of Goldfinger.
- The roof is removable.
- An ejector seat mechanism is built into the passenger seat on the left.
- The front and rear number plates can be rotated.
- Underneath the front headlights are hidden, retractable machine guns (cannot be fired!).
- There are retractable tire slots on all 4 tires.
- Two ram elements can be extended on the front and rear bumper.
- Incl. Bulletproof protective shield in the rear area
Pricing and release dates will be announced soon for set # 70578.